Feedback - Changes?

110%

Number of posts : 8978
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: Feedback - Changes?

Post by 110% on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:04 am

Personally I like the word filter. I joined a football forum, not a conspiracy theory forum.

Puro keeps threatening to leave? No-one really cares. He should stop being such a baby.

The rest I agree with Axe and Jaime, let's allow new members and see how it goes. If we get a new worm infestation then ban him and close it again.

Thanks Cooper for doing a great job, and apologies if I made it any harder  <Ale> 
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:27 pm

110% wrote:Personally I like the word filter. I joined a football forum, not a conspiracy theory forum.

Puro keeps threatening to leave? No-one really cares. He should stop being such a baby.

The rest I agree with Axe and Jaime, let's allow new members and see how it goes. If we get a new worm infestation then ban him and close it again.

Thanks Cooper for doing a great job, and apologies if I made it any harder   <Ale> 

Ale
Tom

Number of posts : 12185
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tom on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:10 pm

Alright, so based off the replies so far...

People are happy to keep it with no signatures. I do agree with this, mainly because when I did actively use the forum I would use it from work and I know that it's a lot better when the forum doesn't have bright and colourful images attracting everyone over.

I know there is an option to enable signatures but give each user the option as to whether they want to see them or not. If that is the case, would that be a preferred option or is it best to just keep it as a flat 'no signatures' for now?

Bit of a mixed response for allowing new members or not. I think I agree with those that say we should do it on a trial period. We allow new members through July and into August. If we have a case where the system is being abused (I wasn't really active during the Worms saga but I'm aware of what happened) then we will have to revisit it.

Everyone seems happy with the format and design, can't see anyone say otherwise so I'm happy to not change anything here. It's very easy for me to chop and change how certain parts of the forum appears, if we do want to merge sections or create different sections then it really isn't difficult for me to do. If it is ever needed, it won't be any trouble to do.

In terms of Bluenine's idea of merging this site with his own, I think it's actually a decision that is better left to everyone who actively uses this site. I can't speak for all of you, I know that when I did really use this forum a lot that it was a great place to come because of the 'community' feel. There are a lot of in jokes, 'famous' threads and discussion that is really only relevant to this forum, do you lose that by merging with another site? I'm not sure.

I'm more than happy to hand the forum over if everyone here would prefer to see it move that way, otherwise I'm quite happy with letting it run on like it does and see if allowing new members creates any more growth. I don't consider this my decision here, I'm not active enough on the forum to make a decision on behalf of all of you who use it.

Any other suggestions in general?
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss

Post by Axeslammer on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:16 pm

Tom wrote:

People are happy to keep it with no signatures. I do agree with this, mainly because when I did actively use the forum I would use it from work and I know that it's a lot better when the forum doesn't have bright and colourful images attracting everyone over.

I know there is an option to enable signatures but give each user the option as to whether they want to see them or not. If that is the case, would that be a preferred option or is it best to just keep it as a flat 'no signatures' for now?

That's exactly why I don't want sigs either, because people were regularely putting NSFW pictures in them.

If you can make it so that I can block sigs, that would be good for me Smile
Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:19 pm

Sigs appear to be back though?

As for the new users, this place will die without them, but i have no idea how anyone will find/join this place anyway, so its probably a futile battle.
Tom

Post by Tom on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:39 pm

Rosicky wrote:Sigs appear to be back though?

As for the new users, this place will die without them, but i have no idea how anyone will find/join this place anyway, so its probably a futile battle.
Sigs should be fixed again now.

This place has been 'dying' according to some for the last 4 years. This forum started in 2006, it's now 2014 which is still absolutely crazy to think that the website has been going this long.

When the website does eventually die, I'm sure it will be because the core members finally all moved on. I mean we can always shortcut to this period and I can delete it pretty quickly with a few button presses.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:14 pm

I am against the merger with another forum because:

1) I can't make references to my night of passion with Bernd's sister.*
2) If I call a player a 'typical black winger' or 'a fackin' runner' I'll be branded a racist.

*Confession time: I meant nightS
The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:23 pm

No one knows I take it cheers

The culture of the Internet and forums has changed since they heyday of the bbc European forum. Mostly because the bbc closed the European forum. I think allowing new members is a good idea, but we should be prepared that most of the new members will be horrible little c**ts, but then Rosicky used to be a horrible little c**t, and thanks to us rehabilitating him he is now just a c**t. New members won't be indoctrinated into our way of thinking, won't be tired of the discussing same things we're tired of and won't understand the lexicon and cliques so patience is vital.

As for other changes, if there's a option to 'like' someone's post, like you can on Facebook, rather than having to reply to it with a thumbs up or an ale, then that might be nice.

I would also like some x-rated emoticons.
The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:27 pm

I support Bluenine getting more heavily involved, especially since no one else seems to want to take the initiative. I like and trust him, and the stuff he's done with Football Speak impressed me.
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:32 pm

The Chosen Glenn wrote:I support Bluenine getting more heavily involved, especially since no one else seems to want to take the initiative. I like and trust him, and the stuff he's done with Football Speak impressed me.

EMP and Bobby should get more involved too.
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:33 pm

If we merge forums it will be like when Slough and Swindon merge on The Office, I don't want little slugs with no personality.
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170

Post by Kimbo on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Anyone that has used a big forum will know they are shit anyway. I post on a large Newcastle forum, it's very cliquey, it's full of angry bewildered labour voters and the type of people that write letters to ofcom. A couple of days ago someone took a Nigerian to task because he suggested African teams lack intelligence, you can stereotype South Americans, Europeans, Asians, but don't you dare touch the Africans, even if you are one. I hate being surrounded by those types.
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:56 pm

My opinion would be to see if opening to new members adds something before we merge it into another site. I like Bluenine's Football Speak thing but it is quite a different animal to this forum. I don't mind that this place is small because it is still good for banter and talking about football. But like others have said, if there is no new blood it probably will eventually die.
Rosicky

Post by Rosicky on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Is this the same footballspeak which hasnt been used since February? http://footballspeak.com/
Tom

Post by Tom on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:50 pm

Rosicky wrote:Is this the same footballspeak which hasnt been used since February? http://footballspeak.com/
The twitter account is incredibly popular though - https://twitter.com/football_speak

Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Rosicky wrote:Is this the same footballspeak which hasnt been used since February? http://footballspeak.com/

Oh weird, I hadn't been on it in a while...
Rosicky

Post by Rosicky on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Tom wrote:
The twitter account is incredibly popular though - https://twitter.com/football_speak

Maybe get them to tweet about it, might get a few new members.

Plus again barely been used since Feb.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Luis wrote:If we merge forums it will be like when Slough and Swindon merge on The Office, I don't want little slugs with no personality.

Laughing 

Kimbo wrote:Anyone that has used a big forum will know they are shit anyway. I post on a large Newcastle forum, it's very cliquey, it's full of angry bewildered labour voters and the type of people that write letters to ofcom. A couple of days ago someone took a Nigerian to task because he suggested African teams lack intelligence, you can stereotype South Americans, Europeans, Asians, but don't you dare touch the Africans, even if you are one. I hate being surrounded by those types.

You are right, the other day mods on RAWK closed topics about Suarez...people werent allowed to discuss the bit, cause...not at Liverpool...Redcafe is pretty good though. In general club forums tend to suck big time. The strength of this forum is people can say whatever they want.  Which is a GOOD thing.  Most of us here started on 606. I just got hooked to reading it, mainly because of a weird German saying stuff about Holland and England which I actually agreed to, and a funny Peruvian. I registered as well, made a post on how shit Midget was got an instant ban...

Anyway have been toying with my new powers this morning,  some changes I made:
* The forum is now open to new members again
* Released some posters who were on deathrow like Yef,..though Worms got locked up again
* Sigs were allowed, but the rest of the senate didnt agree with it, it seems
* Changed the forum discription from: Football Discussion. Football Board. Soccer. to: The European Board is a football/soccer forum with fans from all around the world. You think Messi is better then Ronaldo? You think your chin is too big? You can discuss it here.
* Changed the metatags

Going to work on that picture as well, we have. A pain to my eyes it is.

People want other changes as well?

looked around a bit and found http://www.totalfootballforums.com/forums/index.php? its a forum compared to ours, same age etc. A bit better designed, same amount of core c**ts, though seem to attract more new members though.

Also, with my new powers I have acces to all emailadresses of everyone. Does anyone, want a certain member back? I can send him/her an email.

der Feyhrer Ale
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Ale good stuff

I would like it if people like tweeds, parky et al came back... But I'm not sure how likely it is they will. Or how likely it is the email addresses they've used are genuine.

Last edited by christmasborocooper on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Antarion

Number of posts : 3379
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:14 pm

can we have an emergency email adress, if the board goes down or a member cant register and forgot his pw because its closed again? a adress you can write too for help just in case!

otherwise i like your changes. gj
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:17 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Ale good stuff

I would like it if people like tweeds, parky et al came back... But I'm not sure how likely it is they will.  Or how likely it is the email address they've used are genuine.

Yeah I think the email I have on this forum is one I just created to register. Still it might be worth a try. Would be great if some of the old school la liga posters would come back: kas/fcb, cule, The Frank Tavern, delux, la saeta rubia (though he's been gone forever), hem fet...

Barrilete was great as well.
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:55 pm

Kas is death I believe and Sheffield Gunner as well.

Anyway, it's funny on every forum you look....Worms is banned!

http://www.totalfootballforums.com/forums/topic/1553-the-banned-cautioned-thread/page-3

Smile

I recently was in Worms...it's a town in Germany, I kid you not!
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Mental

" TheFamousKopites - Calling another member a paedophile among other reasons."

Most of our posters wouldn't last 5 minutes in that place
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:27 pm

lol!
TM

Number of posts : 21218
Supports : PROGRESS!
Favourite Player : Luis Figo
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:39 pm

The layout of the forum on iPhone has seemed to changed. Is there a way to go back to the previous layout?
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:55 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Mental

" TheFamousKopites - Calling another member a paedophile among other reasons."

Most of our posters wouldn't last 5 minutes in that place

lol! 

110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:30 pm

TM wrote:The layout of the forum on iPhone has seemed to changed. Is there a way to go back to the previous layout?

There is a arrow on the top right of the screen you click and choose "view classic version" or something like that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:14 am