Feedback - Changes?

Tom

Number of posts : 12185
Supports : Chelsea
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Feedback - Changes?

Post by Tom on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:29 am

Cooper emailed me last night basically explaining what was happening with the administrator situation so I decided to log back in after a fairly decent time away (again!).

With the new administrators being appointed, I'm quite keen over the next few days to make a couple changes to the site to hopefully improve how it works and how it looks.

There are a couple things that I wanted to discuss with everyone on here before I go ahead and make any significant changes.

Signatures

We have had these disabled for a while now, would anyone want them back or are we ok with keeping them disabled?

Allowing new members to join

I'm not sure why (I could well have done it a while ago) but we disabled new members signing up for the website. Would anyone object to us re-enabling this?

Forum layout

We've had the same layout of forums for the last 4/5 years, we've kept a quite rigid structure to it all and it does seem to work very well. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can improve here? Would anyone like a new section added? Are there any sections that see no use at all?

Design

I need to sort out the top header, that's definitely going to happen. In terms of actual forum design, we have a few options that we can change/update the look and feel of the site to. Would anyone have any objections to a forum redesign? I'm more than happy to post some concepts of what the forum could possibly look like before going ahead with anything.

I'm going to be updating, revisiting and adding to this thread over the next few days. I'd really appreciate any feedback that you guys have to offer!
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Re: Feedback - Changes?

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:32 am

No signatures.

No new members.

Format is fine.

Design is fine.
Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19688
Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
Favourite Player : Filip Kostic, Bergkamp, Le Tiss
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:58 am

No signatures.

New members allowed

Format is fine.

Design is fine.
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:29 pm

If you allow new members to join, it means the return of worms/glenn.
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Please allow new members, this forum won't survive without that.
christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:48 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:If you allow new members to join, it means the return of worms/glenn.

Would be nice to think that wouldn't be the case but you're probably right and that's why I left it.

On one hand bluenine is right and no new members kills this place.. But on the other hand whenever I opened it up it just lead to us getting multiple accounts from an abusive user.. Which drove other users away. So it was a case of maintaining the place rather than growing it.

But maybe it'll be better, it's been a while. But the place needs someone who can be bothered to deal with it if it happens again.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueo, Redondo, Ral, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:59 pm

I think we should at least try to open the board to new members. If it is a disaster it can always be closed again.

I'm indifferent to sigs (although some were hilarious).

Format and design are fine for me.
Antarion

Number of posts : 3379
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Mller, Neuer and Schrrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:00 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:
BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:If you allow new members to join, it means the return of worms/glenn.

Would be nice to think that wouldn't be the case but you're probably right and that's why I left it.

On one hand bluenine is right and no new members kills this place.. But on the other hand whenever I opened it up it just lead to us getting multiple accounts from an abusive user.. Which drove other users away. So it was a case of maintaining the place rather than growing it.

But maybe it'll be better, it's been a while. But the place needs someone who can be bothered to deal with it if it happens again.

Open for new members is cool and probably needed, but I hope it doesn't get flooded someday or by idiots. There are enough "normal" football boards out there. Most here have a special kind of humor which makes it kinda unique.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:02 pm

I did actually try opening it up before. Had worms or someone pretending to be him sign up within a day.

I'd hope he's stopped checking by this point though.
Antarion

Number of posts : 3379
Supports : Germany, Bayern
Favourite Player : Mller, Neuer and Schrrle
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:03 pm

Layout is great for me

Signatures: ok, if one can limit them in size. Posting oneliners with 5km signature is hard to read.

Also I have problems on some message boards during work, when some pictures are automatically forbidden by a programme here and the whole site will be shut down for me then when one is detected.

Puro

Number of posts : 10679
Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Mods must not change what posters write. If it ever happens again to me, I'm gone for good. I had already left but several posters asked for my return so I came back.

If I write christian it means christian.
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:23 pm

This is what I'm talking about, why 'Boro or anyone has to change my words?

k/h/az/ars
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:27 pm

Which is why you need a selection mechanism or a qualifying criteria which only allows quality posters to join. I have sent my suggestions on the admin thread, let me know what you think.
Tom

Post by Tom on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Puro wrote:Mods must not change what posters write. If it ever happens again to me, I'm gone for good. I had already left but several posters asked for my return so I came back.

Just so you know, I can see a log of all admin edits on the website and no-one is changing what you write.
Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:08 pm

Tom wrote:
Puro wrote:Mods must not change what posters write. If it ever happens again to me, I'm gone for good. I had already left but several posters asked for my return so I came back.

Just so you know, I can see a log of all admin edits on the website and no-one is changing what you write.

You have no idea what powers the Illuminati/christians/Bilderbergers have Wink
Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Lol, there's a filter that changes Kahzars to christians ! Nice one Smile
Luis

Number of posts : 26261
Supports : Liverpool
Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:25 pm

Bring back the sigs!
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:29 pm

Axeslammer wrote:Lol, there's a filter that changes Kahzars to christians ! Nice one Smile

I knew you'd get a kick out of that one, Fat Boy! Biggrin<Ale>
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:31 pm

See, it's not necessarily the words changed, it's just a matter of principle. If you're gonna change what I write, I don't need to be here. Biggrin<Ale>
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Tom wrote:

Either you are bullshitting me or you're not doing a good job of investigating.

Even Fat Boy figured it out, FFS! lol!<Ale>
BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Well, I actually can't think of any good posters that have joined in the last 5 years (off the top of my head, only Erik Lamela). Most of us joined when the forum started in 2006 and tbh i imagine it would be hard for a new person to join because there's so many in jokes which only long time members will understand.
Tom

Post by Tom on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:47 pm

Puro wrote:
Tom wrote:

There's a difference between someone actively editing your post and a word filter. None of your posts are being edited, you're simply using words that are in a word filter.

Perhaps you should try using other words.
Axeslammer

Post by Axeslammer on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:50 pm

Puro wrote:
Tom wrote:

Then why couldn't you dimwit ? Ale

"Am I that smart or are you so stupid ?" cheers
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Tom wrote:
Puro wrote:
Tom wrote:

There's a difference between someone actively editing your post and a word filter. None of your posts are being edited, you're simply using words that are in a word filter.

Perhaps you should try using other words.

That 'someone' erm 'Boro edited the words I used and specifically targeted me. Like I said even Fat Boy figured it out and I wish you good luck with your board. Good bye! mes amis! Biggrin<Ale>
Puro

Post by Puro on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Axeslammer wrote:
Puro wrote:
Tom wrote:

Then why couldn't you dimwit ? Ale

"Am I that smart or are you so stupid ?" cheers

lol! I KNEW what was going on, Fat Boy. I just wanted them to tell you all in their own words what they did. It was nice talking to you, Fat Boy! All the best! Biggrin<Ale>
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:13 pm

lol! all this time I've had no idea what he was talking about with "changing his posts"..... And it was a fucking word filter! Jesus.

You'd think the smart thing to do would have been to take on the admin offer and remove the filters.. Or wait for Fey to get the permissions and he'd do it.

Oh well.. Silly Puro I guess.
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Word filters removed ok
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38170

Post by Kimbo on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:52 pm

fuck c**t shit dick fanny
christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:56 pm

.. Not all of them. Just the joke ones
ERIK LAMELA

Number of posts : 1552
Registration date : 2012-04-11

Post by ERIK LAMELA on Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:04 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:

Well, I actually can't think of any good posters that have joined in the last 5 years (off the top of my head, only Erik Lamela). Most of us joined when the forum started in 2006 and tbh i imagine it would be hard for a new person to join because there's so many in jokes which only long time members will understand.

Gaucho Spur!!!

But hang on, I thought I was worms and/or Glenn? Or at least I was accused of being.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:13 am