Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: 2013/14 Champions League Final

Post by Fey on Sun May 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Jaime wrote:

Simeone took a big risk to play Costa and it really cost him because an additional set of fresh legs at the end of the game might have been the difference.

Dont agree with that, was my first reaction as well, but when I noticed he changed Miranda for Underworld I knew enough. That was the lethal change when he came on. Bare in mind that nobody played the same players more then Simeone. They hardly have a bench.

In the end I could live with a Real victory, but 1-0 would have been fair. Both Madrid clubs get their Decima, but the romanticus in me wanted to see a "small" club lifting the CL again, its been a while. Though im already pleased that clubs like Atletico and Dortmund can win the title, which seems more of a challange then winning the CL.  Bale was utterly shocking. Benzema went Awol and Ronaldo...well he clearly won the game on his own, didnt he? What a c**t, how arrogant would he be if Messi wasnt around in his time.
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime on Sun May 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Fey wrote:
Jaime wrote:

Simeone took a big risk to play Costa and it really cost him because an additional set of fresh legs at the end of the game might have been the difference.

Dont agree with that, was my first reaction as well, but when I noticed he changed Miranda for Underworld I knew enough. That was the lethal change when he came on. Bare in mind that nobody played the same players more then Simeone. They hardly have a bench.

In the end I could live with a Real victory, but 1-0 would have been fair. Both Madrid clubs get their Decima, but the romanticus in me wanted to see a "small" club lifting the CL again, its been a while. Though im already pleased that clubs like Atletico and Dortmund can win the title, which seems more of a challange then winning the CL.  Bale was utterly shocking. Benzema went Awol and Ronaldo...well he clearly won the game on his own, didnt he? What a c**t, how arrogant would he be if Messi wasnt around in his time.

Alderweireld came on for Filipe Luis. Question

Diego Costa's injury is significant. Every time he has tried to play since originally sustaining the injury, he is forced to come off before the first 20 minutes. It was not a smart risk by Simeone. Even with the horse placenta he was never going to make it.

To be fair, both Benzema and Ronaldo were playing with injuries and if it weren't for the fact that it was the CL final, neither would have played on the day.

On the whole Bale was poor, but at least he was finding the openings even if his finishing was appalling (the guy literally has no right foot). But in the end, this is the second final in which he scores the match winning goal so it could be worse.

Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Sun May 25, 2014 10:58 pm

He was? Oh well, fact is they lack in depth.

But if you have a player like Diego Costa, I can see why they tried it, all the games they subbed him early, they won. Perhaps to create some chaos for Ancelotti.
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress on Mon May 26, 2014 12:22 am

Imagine him coming on with 10-15 mins to play. That would have been much better and then the team would known from the start that they would play without him. It was a stupid gamble and especially considering that he has already gone out injuried a couple of times recently.

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Mon May 26, 2014 7:48 am

Super Progress wrote:Imagine him coming on with 10-15 mins to play. That would have been much better and then the team would known from the start that they would play without him. It was a stupid gamble and especially considering that he has already gone out injuried a couple of times recently.
Imagine him coming on with 10-15 mins to play and then getting injured - finishing match in "10". I don't think there was a good choice here.

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:12 pm

Here is a video I just made of David Villa in the CL Final. Nesta vs Juventus 2003 CL Final will be up next.

Edit:

And here is my Nesta video:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:33 am